The Tenafly Chamber is proud to announce a new program to help young adults (and others) navigate being on their own. Thursday nights at the Clinton Inn , 6 pm -7:30 we will offer the following seminars:
June 14 – How To Rent Your First Apartment
- Prep Work – Preparing & Documenting your Financial Stability – Valley National Bank
- How to Work with a Real Estate agent – Friedberg Properties
- Interpreting a Lease
- Renters Insurance – Richard Moller, Allstate Insurance
- Getting Your Security Deposit Back – Benjamin Brothers
June 21 – How To Buy A Used Car
- Money – How to Pay/ What Should You Budget – The Alexandrite Group
- Reduce Your Insurance – Richard Moller, Allstate Insurance
- Get A Mechanic Evaluation before you Negotiate – High Tech Auto Service (Shell Stn)
- What Does The Sticker Tell You – Tenafly Honda
- Can I Pay With My Parents Credit Car & Drive Off ?(the Process) – BMW of Tenafly
June 28 – How To Stay Healthy Without Your Mother There To Nag
- Do I Have To Eat Green Things? – Healthway Natural Foods
- Exercising Without Money – Retro Fitness
- Do I really Need To See A Doctor If I Feel Fine? – East Madison Dental
- Something Doesn’t Feel Right. Where Do I Go? – Tenafly Pediatrics
Light snacks will be served.
Tenafly Chamber member The Tenafly Veterinary Center is pleased to offer a free or discounted spay/neutering for those who have rescued a pet, are in financial need or are veterans. Only a limited number of operations are available each month so please contact them to see if you qualify and can be accommodated. https://njvet.com/
The Chamber will hold it’s Spring Networking Meeting at Axia Taverna, TUESDAY June 5. Tenafly Business Owners, all Chamber members & special guests free; other $10. Cash Bar. Don’t forget to vote early Tuesday.
You know your joining? – Click HERE.
It’s worth it to join the Tenafly Chamber –
You get lots of print exposure in The Suburbanite. Your listed as a member in the Mother’s Day and Holiday Parade ads and you get a small ad when you join by June 1.
You get a Mother’s Day giveway for your best clients – or just use the beautiful flowers to decorate your business (courtesy of Camberly Gardens).
You support programs to bring traffic to Tenafly like the NEW Dancing in the Huyler Park during summer Wednesdays, the Dumpling Festival, Coffee Week and Chamber Bucks and Tenafly Treasures Days (Town-wide garage sale).
You get to support Tenafly organizations and events hassle-free – the Dumpling Festival and Coffee Week help local groups raise up to $12,500. We support the Independence Day Fireworks with free Glow-sticks for kids and the Holiday Parade with hot chocolate, cookies and give-ways.
We have fun events 3 times/ year. We support new restaurants with kick-off parties a in June and September and we have our elegant annual dinner in January.
We appreciate your support and we try to make your dues go a long way with volunteer workers for most positions (OK, except for minute-taking – nobody wanted to do that unless we bribed them.)
Questions on any programs? Give me a call – Christine Evron at 201 805-6053 a call.
The membership packages are being mailed Friday night Feb 24 or just click the link HERE.
The Annual Dinner honoring past presidents, Bob Kutik and Jerry Magloire was a tremendous success. See pictures on our Facebook account TenaflyNJCofC.
Tenafly has a number of business promotions not available in any other town. Are you taking advantage of all of them? Continue reading
Parade pictures are organized by year & group in the menu above (to the right). You must have flash to view the pictures and they may take a few minutes to load. You can stop the show by mouse overing the picture. If it seems stuck try clicking. Continue reading
The membership year is March 1, 2016 to February 2017. Members receive a free ad in The Suburbanite (for those who pay by June 1) , flowers for their best clients, give-aways (courtesy of The Suburbanite and American Express) and lots of publicity as Chamber members. We also hold informative meetings with meaningful speakers and hold several networking events each year. Click here to fill out our on-line membership form.