Tenafly NJ Chamber of Commerce Minutes of General Membership Meeting
June 1, 2011
- May minutes approved.
- Person of the Year dinner discussion. John Barrett needs to be approached and asked if he will accept. Gerry is asking Cathy to run the dinner which is scheduled for November 9
- Suzanne has organized a free social networking training event June 16 at 6:30, Clinton Inn.
- First breakfast meeting, Wednesday, June 29th, 7:30 to 9am. Topics, “How to Budget Advertising”. Speaker to discuss PR for non-profits.
- Street Fair reviewed. Sidewalk Sale starts on Friday, July 22, Sat. July 23rd. JC Promotions will bring in vendors, food, rides. Washington St. & West Railroad Ave. will be closed. Saturday Nikki Armstrong will perform. Sat. cars will be at the circle off Tenafly Rd. Sunday, JCC & School of Rock will supply entertainment.
- Currently 24 members are paid.
- Treasurer’s report, $3,920.20 in account. $750 is allotted for Nikki Armstrong.
- Members need to be called and followed up to renew membership.
- Professional Chamber division led by Dr. Barnea, Dr. Markowitz and Dr. Papandrikos.
- Gerry would like to advertise/promote his chamber breakfasts. $10 for non members, $5 for members.
- Speakers for future meetings were discussed. Tenafly’s Chief of Police was suggested as a good speaker.
- Schedule next meet and greet for September.
Next general meeting, July 6th.