Tenafly Chamber of Commerce Executive Board Meeting Minutes
March 1, 2011
- Gerry asked for a volunteer to take the treasurer’s position on a permanent basis. Bob Kutik of Womrath’s is temporarily covering the position.
- Marc of the PNC Tenafly branch will ask his manger if anyone at the bank would take on the treasurer’s position. He will also find out if we can get a space on the Tenafly Chamber of Commerce checks for two signatures.
- The questionnaire was discussed. A question for retailers asking where their customers are coming from—outside of Tenafly? What towns?
- The Tenafly Chamber has not been classified as a 501C3 organization since 1994. the Tenafly Chamber members need to vote at the April 6th meeting on whether or not to go forward with a new charter as a 501(c)(6). (These organizations are business leagues, chambers of commerce, real estate boards, etc. They seek to improve business conditions. They apply using IRS form 1024 and file annually the 990 or 990EZ.)
- The Tenafly Chamber of Commerce meet and greet scheduled for April 13th will be moved to a later date.
- The Tenafly Elks will provide the hall and tables to set up for the meet and greet.
- The monthly Tenafly Chamber of Commerce meetings will be moved back to the 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Tenafly Chamber of Commerce member stickers will be ordered after the April 6th meeting.
- The minutes from the February Tenafly Chamber of Commerce meeting were approved.
The next general meeting of the Tenafly Chamber of Commerce meeting will be Wednesday, April 6th at 6:30 at the Clinton Inn.
Meeting attendees: Gerry Migliore, Marc Macro, Maureen Quinn, Robert Thompson, Pat Lamson, Peter Quinn, Marlyn Friedberg, Suzanne Huguley, Joann Carr, Archondia Dulot.