Tenafly NJ Chamber of Commerce Minutes of General Membership Meeting
May 4, 2011
- The details of the July Street Fair on Saturday, July 23rd and Sunday, July 24th were confirmed. JC Promotions will be providing vendors for Saturday, July 23rd. For Sunday, July 24th, Gerry has two of three vendors on board for a Green Car event. $10 for every car a Tenafly Business owner signs up to test drive one of the Green Cars on Sunday, July 24th. The car dealer will give the “test driver” a $10 voucher to spend at the store that registered them for the test drive. Kia, Honda and BMW being approached by Gerry. Forms will be passed out two weeks in advance.
- Also hire someone to run kiddie rides, bouncy, petting zoo for Sunday, July 24th.
- Gerry would like to go to the Kaplen Foundation for funding for a series of concerts with the restaurants to open at night closing off Washington Street.
- The mayor asked the chamber to donate $500 for bunting for the opening of the new bandstand. The members present at the meeting did not grant approval.
- Live band at Hyler Park. Hiring Nikki Armstrong approved for $750 for one day, Sunday, July 24th.
- A amendenment to the first letter to the Mayor and Council asking for permission to use Hyler Park and new bandstand for performances during the street fair needs to be sent to the borough clerk.
- Last week’s meet and greet was a success.
- Alan got all paperwork done for IRS and State. Need to submit 501(c)6 application.
- Two professional speakers will appear at the breakfast meet and greet. Free to chamber members and those that pay their membership by the end of May. Topics: using social networking and traditional marketing.
- Meeting adjourned. Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, June 1, 6:30, Clinton Inn.
Meeting attendees: Marlyn Friedberg, Pat Lamson, Peter Quinn, Gerry Migliore, JoAnn Carr, Scott Porter, Suzanne Huguley, Bob Kutik, Jon Warms.Please note that attendee list may not be correct