Chamber Minutes September 19, 2012
· Jon Warms gave a report on the upcoming Tenafly Council meeting and some of the important topics to be discussed at the 10/23 meeting.
· Pat gave the treasurer’s report: $5,516.12 in the chamber’s account—all bills paid.
· Pat gave the membership report @ 42 current members.
· Prorated membership was reviewed again confirming that new members joining during the course of the chamber’s fiscal year will be prorated by quarter. The prorated membership is only applicable to new members, not renewals of membership.
· BID report was given by Bob. BID is approving the by laws at their Wed., Sept. 20th meeting.
· Update of the street fair was given by Bob. The town is requesting payment for police overtime pay for the extra security. Jon Warms is checking with the Mayor and council on the change in policy. There are 50 to 60 vendors expected to participate. The chamber is expecting to get money back from Daryl Walker from the vendor fees.
· Carol reported on the success of the Tenafly Chamber of Commerce reusable shopping bags. They were a big success and very well received by the new residents and the Mayor. The Chamber Bucks were appreciated by the attendees as well.
· $350 in chamber bucks was given to the new teachers at the luncheon given by the Rotary Club.
· The Town Wide Community Sale was discussed. Christine will report back at the next chamber meeting on the progress of the plans for the event. The last weekend in April or May is being considered.
· Halloween event was discussed. There will be trick-or-treating in the downtown area.
· A Halloween Art contest will be promoted in the Suburbanite using the last of the free space the chamber earned. The ad will include space for the children’s artwork. Chamber members will be contacted to volunteer as drop off points for the artwork. The artwork will be displayed in participating store windows and parents and residents will be encouraged to choose their favorite. The will be a prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each age category. Chamber bucks will be used as prizes.
· The Kid’s Night Out is being planned for Spring 2013 on a Friday night. Some of the activities mentioned were Drawing, Make your own pizza and sports contests.
Meeting was adjourned at 8pm.
Attendees: Pat Fedele, Marlyn Friedberg, Christine Evron, Jon Warms, Bob Kutik, JoAnn Carr, Richard Moller.