Minutes General Meeting Wednesday, November 30, 2011
- Gerry announced he will not be running for the position of president for 2012
- The non-profit application is still with the accountant and needs to be finalized.
- Paul Nelson of Tenafly High School and director of the high school’s Key Club attended the meeting to go over the details of the Holiday Parade and Party on December 7th. Key Club members are encouraged to bring a child with them to the event. The parade will start at the Municipal Oval Park, down Washington Street to West Railroad and proceed to the Elks Club. Madrigal Singers will perform; Key Club members will organize games, raffle tickets. Winners of the Tenafly Recreation poetry contest will read their poems. Wells Fargo will provide a Spin the Wheel game with prizes for the children.
- Posters are needed for the stores, will be provided by the Suburbanite.
- Large posters will be printed at Costco and put up in the front of Tenafly Schools. Christine Evron will order, pick up and distribute.
- Key Club offered to help collect the food from businesses after the “Tenafly Gives Back” promotion and will coordinate with the food bank on drop off. JoAnn will send an e-mail out to participating businesses and ask them to contact Bob to coordinate pick up and drop off of food.
- There was not a lot of participation on the Tenafly Gives back in monetary donations, but there were food donations.
- A $200 donation to the Madrigal Singers scholarship fund was approved.
- Dates for the street fairs need to be determined.
- Bob Kutik announced he will be running for President of the chamber for 2012.
- Minutes from the October meeting were approved.
- Treasurers report, showing roughly $3,000; bank statement shows $7,000 balance. Gerry and Bill need to meet with the bank to balance the statement.
- Pricing for the Tenafly NJ Chamber of Commerce membership window clings without the year will be researched by JoAnn. Keystone printing was suggested for pricing.
Attendees: Christine Evron, Paul Nelson, JoAnn Carr, Bob Kutik, Gerry Migliore, Maria of Binenbaum, Scott Porter, Marlyn Friedberg.